Have those of you looking for simple patterns checked out the "Sewing for Dummies" 18" doll patterns by Simplicity? They have a variety of styles that are quite simple to sew. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

I started making doll clothes by cutting out patterns and stitching them up on my Mom's sewing machine when I was 8 years old, and have been sewing ever since - and that's getting closer to fifty years now than I care to think about! I think that the kind of sewing experience you have depends a lot on the kind of personality you have, but I can say with some degree of authority that learning to use and control the sewing machine first is very important (Mom had me learn by sewing straight and then spiral lines on notebook paper with an unthreaded needle [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). Also very important in making the finished item look good is cutting the fabric out correctly with the straight grain arrow markings on the pattern lined up exactly with the straight grain of the fabric.

So if you make sure you have a good knowledge of and control over your machine, choose a simple pattern, and then follow your pattern to cut your fabric carefully you will greatly improve your chances at having a good sewing experience and being happy with the finished product. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Good luck to all of you who are new to sewing or are trying to teach your children to sew! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]